Food donations are accepted all year long. Keep the list below for your next trip to the grocery store.
Our Top Ten priority items are:
- Peanut Butter
- Cereal and oatmeal
- Canned pasta
- Canned beans
- Salted cookies and crackers
- Canned fruits and vegetables
- Canned soups
- Dry pasta
Recommendations when donating food:
You can’t go wrong donating non-perishable items. This type of food is easily storable and easy to donate to families in need. Watch out for the expiry date. Rule of thumb is: more than 3 months after it’s expired we can’t give it out. (Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Canada)
For all perishable food like eggs, dairy, meats, etc... please make sure that they are kept in a cold storage before bringing them to us.
Nutritious snacks are always a better food choice.
We cannot accept:
- Over the counter medication
- Home baked goods or food prepared in what is considered a 'home environment'
- Personally wrapped meats
- Open food items or food that is not in its original packaging
- Candy and snack food items that can easily be contaminated.
*The above standards are put in place by Food Banks Canada and are to be used by all food banks and food programs.
WHERE TO DROP-OFF FOOD
Your donation of non-perishable items can be dropped off at the Aylmer Food Centre during opening hours or at one of our Drop-Off Boxes:
- Métro Plus: 799 boul. Wilfrid Lavigne
- IGA Serge Vermette: 203 chemin Aylmer
- Provigo, Chemin Aylmer